Once when I was 13, I look upon seventeen year olds as some really cool people. In fact watching my brother drove a car legally for the first time itself was exuberant and I was 10 when that happened. He looked happy, enjoying life to the fullest, everything he does, seemed dangerous and exciting to me. Until he starts turning 20. Then only he seemed to have appeared older to me. That teen suffix surely brings out all the youth in you. Once you lose it, you don't feel as young. Well, at least to me that is.
Fast forward to 26th January 2012. Alhamdulillah, with Allah's will I turn 21.
21, such a big number. 21 years, such a long time.
Muhammad Al Fateh at the age of 21, conquered Constantinople.
My mother at the age of 22, gave birth to my sister.
Newton developed the theories of gravitation when he was 23 years old.
Myself, what have I got?
For the past 21 years, I have achieved a lot actually.
Maybe not as big, not as monumental, not even close to being historical.
At least I must be thankful for everything I have now, Alhamdulillah.
Suffice to say, my definition of greatness is to be someone whom even the 10 year old me sees shall want me to be her idol. Personally to me, you can never go wrong to start off with that.

And I hope, I am not too late for all the greatness in the dunya wal akhirah, insyaAllah.
p/s : Thank you for everything ma, ayah. Thank you for the family whom taught me the value of patience and acceptance and of course thank you for the fruity chopping board you both got me.
pp/s : Thank you Pok for the surprising surprising surprisingly ticklish braun you sent me. My long due childhood dream finally came true :)
ppp/s: Thank you Hot for the box you left on my table which due to my messy exam-week room, I only discover days later (& the colourful m&ms too!).
pppp/s: Thank you Taty whom with such amazing talent gave me this.
Now here's my wish to everyone else ;
What I want for you is to have everything that you have ever wished for. Though sometimes, you don't get what you want, instead you'll be given what you really need. For He who knows best :)
Barakallahu feek people! hehe :)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________Turning letter into words and photographs by { F A T I N R A I H A N N A }
No comments:
Post a Comment